Public Health Department
Part Time Staff Nurse
The Iroquois County Public Health Department (ICPHD) is seeking a part-time Staff Nurse.
A Staff Nurse must possess the following education requirements:
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Continuing Education as required and/or requested by immediate supervisor.
The annual minimum requirements for continuing education are 12 hours.
- Current CPR Certification
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing Services, the Staff Nurse provides nursing care to the patients/clients as requested by the patient/client and, when required, as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the policies of the agency:
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the health care setting where assigned.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates client needs.
- Administers medications, vaccines and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding client’s condition and care/services provided.
- Use supplies and equipment effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient/client.
- Protects confidential information by preventing unauthorized release, both verbally and/or in writing.
- Is dependable and meets acceptable attendance requirements at all times.
- Complies with all policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Serves as a representative of the Iroquois County Public Health Department, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with other employees and with the public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Staff Nurse is required to possess the following skills and abilities:
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles including the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision, has good organizational skills.
- Possesses excellent assessment and observation skills as well as appropriate nursing judgment.
- Maintains appropriate oral and written communication skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, office facsimile and document imaging technology.
- Able to type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and is in good working condition. Documentation of current automobile insurance coverage is required.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of a Staff Nurse. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, hands, or feel; and reach over head with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The following work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of Staff Nurse. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to optical exposure to computer screens.
- The employee may be exposed to infectious diseases in school, community, and private property environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Recurrent movement in and out of automobile in outside weather conditions.
- ICPHD provides a comprehensive benefits package.
Resumes may be mailed to the Iroquois County Public Health Department, 1001 East Grant Street, Watseka, IL 60970 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include salary requirements and three professional references with resume.
ICPHD makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. ICPHD complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act.