In response to the extreme cold, warming centers have been opened across Iroquois County. Below are locations and hours of operations. These are places for people to stay warm and safe during this extreme cold. Sleeping arrangements and meals are not offered.
- Watseka Public Library at 201 South 4th Street in Watseka. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Trinity Church at 1658 East Walnut Street in Watseka. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Crescent City Community Center at 301 Main Street. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 7 AM to 9 PM.
- Paul’s Lutheran Church at 116 North Thomas Street in Gilman. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Church of Christ at 103 South Street in Martinton. Tuesday evening through Friday morning, 24/7.
- United Methodist Church at 202 South Locust Street in Loda. Wednesday & Thursday, 10 AM to 5 PM.
- Milford Christian Church at 811 East Hickory Street in Milford. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 7 AM to 7 PM. If someone needs overnight hours at this location, call (815) 471-9040.
- City Hall at 201 Brianna Drive in Watseka. Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, 5 PM to 7 AM.
- Creekside Community Center at 510 Prairie Lane in Cissna Park. Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, 4:30 AM to 9 PM.
Eric Ceci, Coordinator
Iroquois County Emergency Management Agency