The Iroquois County Public Health Department located in Watseka, Illinois, has an opening for a part-time vision & hearing technician/receptionist.
The vision and hearing technician utilizes portable hearing and/or vision testing equipment as part of the state-wide program for the detection and reporting of hearing and vision impairments; administers routine hearing and/or vision tests to children following standard procedures and techniques; keeps appropriate records and prepares reports for county and state agencies as mandated. The vision and hearing technician, while in the office, may serve as receptionist.
Requirements include but not limited to:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Continuing education may be requested and/or required by immediate supervisor.
• Must complete, within 3 months of employment, certification as a vision and hearing Technician through the Illinois Department of Public Health certification process.
• Maintenance of his/her certification according to requirements set by Illinois Department of Public Health.
• Must attend mandatory educational programs.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured and is in good working condition. Documentation of current automobile insurance coverage is required.
• Must successfully pass a background check.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
Please include salary requirements and three professional references with resume. Resumes may be mailed to the Iroquois County Public Health Department, 1001 East Grant Street, Watseka, IL or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted through Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
Please see attached complete job description.
ICPHD makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. ICPHD complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act.