Notice is hereby given that the Management Committee of the Iroquois County Board will receive bids for CASH RENTAL OF ITS FARMLAND as follows:
1: Description: The land will be offered for lease for a three (3) year period, as follows:
Approximately 405 tillable acres, more or less, which includes those parcels of land commonly referred to as the “Clifton Farm”, the “County Farm” and eight (8) acres adjacent to the Clifford Bury Administrative Center, excluding the Iroquois County Highway Department grounds. A more precise legal description of the tract will accompany the proposed lease form available from Lisa Fancher, Iroquois County Clerk.
2: Equal Opportunity in Employment Requirement: Bidders are advised that this contract will be subject to the provisions of the Iroquois County Affirmative Action program which bans discrimination in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or political beliefs or affiliation. A copy of the Iroquois County Affirmative Action Program is on file for inspection in the office of the Iroquois County Clerk at the Clifford Bury Administrative Center, Watseka, Illinois.
3. Proof of Insurance Coverage: All bidders shall provide a certificate of liability insurance with their bid.
4. Terms: The successful bidder(s) must execute a three-year written cash rent lease on terms set by the Iroquois County Board. A copy of the proposed lease terms is available at the office of Lisa Fancher, Iroquois County Clerk.
5. Form and delivery of proposal: All bids must be submitted to Lisa Fancher, Iroquois County Clerk, at her office at the Clifford Bury Administrative Center, Watseka, Illinois.
Bids shall be made in the following manner or form:
A. The bidder(s) shall complete a “Cash Farm Lease” in the form for the desired tract available in the Office of the Iroquois County Clerk, Lisa Fancher, filling in amounts for “annual rent” and “total cash rent” under “Section 1: Amount of Rent”, his or her name in the first paragraph on page 1, the date, and signing the lease on the line(s) marked: “Lessee” in “Section 7″.
All bids must be enclosed in a sealed envelope; clearly marked as a “Bid for Cash Rent” of the tract bid upon. All bids must be received in The County Clerk’s Office No Later Than 3:00 PM on Monday, October 1, 2012.
6. Right to Raise Bids: All bids will be opened at the Management Committee Meeting at 4:00 PM on Monday, October 1, 2012. After the bids are opened, those bidders who are personally present and have submitted a written bid prior to the deadline will have the right to raise their bid. The successful bidder shall execute two (2) original duplicates of the “Cash Farm Lease” immediately upon acceptance of his bid by Iroquois County.
7. Reservation of Rights to Accept or Reject Bids: Iroquois County reserves the right to reject any or all bids received, to waive any information in the bidding, and to award this contract to other than high bidder.
Management Committee Iroquois County Board